Monday, July 6, 2009

We're here!

What?!? It is 1:00 in the morning and I am blogging...welcome to the world of motherhood right?!?

Welp, we are here on the Big Island. It is beautiful! The first night we got here it was really cold...it got down into the 50s. I was freezing, but it was nice to cuddle up to my hubby. The days have been perfect temperatures in the high 70s-low 80s, but when you get down to the beach area it is the upper 80s. We are about 3000 ft elevation here where we are living and we will be building at about 2500 feet. There is a noticeable difference in temperature even between the two.

Anyway, the house we are renting is beautiful! It is right up against pasteur and very quiet. There are chameleons everywhere, and those of you who know Phil would know that he has already spent a few hours looking for chameleons. The people here are even nicer than most people in Hawaii! We spent some time at a farmers market yesterday...it was a little pricey! We had the best loco moco the world has ever known...well, I have not actually had Hukilau Cafe's loco moco, so I can not really say, but it was waaaayyyy good.

Anyway, I am all giddy because I like it here so much and it seems that the Lord has blessed Phil and I sooooo much. We have really worked hard for the last 7 years, but the Lord has blessed us with so many amazing opportunities.

Here are a few pictures of the chameleons. He is just a little guy!





4 comments:

  1. Ah! I didn't even know you guys left! So sad I didn't get to say goodbye! But, I know we'll see you soon enough! Good luck and have many, many awesome adventures! You guys are rad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the move! Does Phil get his boat now?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through Megans. I'm glad you guys love it over there! We will definately be visiting you guys...maybe even soon cause I know Dean plans on helping out with framing...hopefully he takes us with him! Good luck with everything and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice chameleon!
    (I guess that baby's pretty cute too)

    ReplyDelete