Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sewing Projects

My new favorite website is sew4home.com. They have great tutorials on easy, and some not so easy, projects. I found it when I was looking for cute material for crib bedding. It also had a tutorial on how to make the crib bedding. So, I am making crib bedding. So far I have finished the bed skirt. I still have the crib bumpers and I am going to tie a quilt. I think the bed skirt would be cuter if my crib was white and I am thinking about painting it, Except that I have a lot to do in the next 5 weeks. :) Maybe I will talk Phil into doing that for me!

In my quilting class, we learned how to make pillow cases...yes I know nothing to do with quilting, but the ladies thought it would be a good skill for me to have since I have little kids...the ladies in the classs are so awesome. So I made this cute pillow case in an hour. I could not believe how easy and cute it turned out. Jessie picked out the Hello Kitty material and was really excited to sleep with it last night.

Again I found this cute trick-or-treat bag on sew4home.com. It was surprisingly easy. It cost me $10 for the material and supplies, but I have enough material to make at least 3 more...so i thought it was a pretty good deal. Plus it was really fun to make. I am really surprised at how much I am enjoying sewing.
Isn't Jessie the cutest little model?!?
So next on my list is a cover and pillow for the Chase we bought at the thrift store, crib bumpers, tied quilt, and hooded towels for craft show(we are making 40, but I have help from a friend) And only 5 weeks to get it done....:)

1 comment:

  1. she is so cute! I can't believe how much she has grown since the last time I saw you guys!!! How much longer do you have? Thanksgiving? Miss you.

    ReplyDelete