Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Suz and Phil in Interlaken (not sure if that is spelled right), Switzerland. This was month 5 of our 6 month journey, and Suz met us for about 2 weeks in Italy, France, and Switzerland. Phil decided to give up shaving and cutting his hair after about a month into our trip. :) While in India on the train, he was asked if he was Jesus. Obviously not a ton of Christians in India. :)
Also in Switzerland. We walked about 3 miles to our camp site every day from town. We were on quite the budget, and taxi's in Europe were not within our budget. Europe was a bit expensive...especially coming from India where we were quite comfortable and spoiled for about $7 a day for the both of us.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you to have a blog! I'm so much better at keeping in touch with people this way. It's fun to see how you spent your time traveling. That coconut rice sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are blogging! It's fun to catch up this way. So you're moving to the big island? How exciting. We'll have to come visit you. Jessie is a beautiful name! I can't wait to see pictures of her, but in the meantime, let's see some prego shots!! Love ya,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen!! I haven't heard from you in forever!! I'm so happy you are blogging...I love the people I've been able to find and keep in contact with through blogging. It's wonderful! I'll definitely add you to our blog so I can see all the cool pics...and I must agree with the above statement...we need some prego pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just found your blog. :)

    so you spent 6 months travelling the world?!?! how awesome is that! where all did you go?

    seriously phil is a different person to me after seeing his "jesus" picture. i love that y'all just look like a couple of hippies!

    ReplyDelete