Thursday, April 30, 2009

She's Here!!!

These are in the opposite order, but oh well! :) Jessie Lehualani Heileson (lehualani means beautiful flower from heaven...the words may be switched around.) 7 lbs. 12.5 oz.  19.5 inches long.  She arrived at 10:45 am on April 29th. (my dads birthday...thanks dad!) Everything went really well and she arrived exactly 12 hours after my water broke.  We are very blessed.  We are not really sure who she looks like yet, but time will tell.  I was surprised by how dark her hair is.  It does have some red in it! I am obviously partial, but I think that she is the most amazingly beautiful baby ever! :)

We are finally home!  She loved the car ride home, so we left her in her car seat for awhile till she woke up.
Our first family picture! We are getting ready to leave the hospital.
After her first bath.  Oh she smelled so good!
During her first bath...she  did not like it much, and turned an amazing color of red and woke up the rest of the babies on our floor! :)
Jessie, mommy, and grandma.  We are sooo happy!
Patiently waiting to be measured.  The minute Phil saw the crown of her head she had him wrapped around her little pink finger! 
Phil got to cut the umbilical cord.
Just after my water broke.  Phil was a little anxious, but I wanted to get one last picture.

We are so happy and so blessed!  We are excited and ready to start this new chapter of our life!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Phil and Karen! I can't wait to meet little Jessie! She's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby is beautiful. The kids were so excited when we told them about her. I can't wait to see you all (but I'll give you a few days to settle in.
    We miss you at school :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to see all the pictures you will be taking (when you have time to use the computer again)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Chile we are better excited for you guys and the new baby Heileson girl!! Congrats!! Lots of love,
    The Jarpas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy for you guys! Was Jessie, 8 lbs. or 7? The email said 8, but this blog posting said 7. She has some cheeks on her already? Has your milk come in yet? I hope you are felling good and letting your mom take good care of you. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!! I've been checking your blog almost every day to see if she was here yet. She is beautiful! Isn't it absolutely amazing how much love you can have for such a little thing instantly? Take advantage of the newborn baby time...it goes away SUPER fast. You may be exhausted, but it's such a good feeling. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen (& Phil)! Ryan told me you guys have a blog & about Baby Jessie being born. CONGRATULATIONS!! Glad you have a blog to catch up on you guys. We've [I've] got one too, it's: http://probstportrait.blogspot.com. It's private, but if you send me your email (to dannaprobst@hotmail.com), I'll invite ya'! Enjoy the early days of motherhood--it's great when they only sleep, eat & poop! Just wait until they start yelling out "Wa-wa" while the Sac. water is being passed out in church! Fun days to come! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete