Monday, March 16, 2009

My Seniors

I would just like to say that chaperoning 16 high school seniors for 3 days at a hotel in Waikiki is exhausting! It took me all weekend to recover! I'd like to think that it is because I am 8 months pregnant! My students are amazing, hard working individuals, but they are still high school seniors and stress me out a bit. I will say I did not carry one thing the entire 3 days because I always had one of my boys carrying it for me, no matter how heavy or how light the bag was. I am really going to miss my students when I am done, but I am confident that the joy of being with my baby will outweigh the joy of being a teacher!!

1 comment:

  1. I taught until I had my baby too...and I promise being a mom very much outweighs being a teacher...even though I LOVED teaching my students. When they begged me not to leave I told them I could either be a good teacher or a good mom, but I couldn't do both...so I had to be a good mom. They totally understood after that. I get to sub every few weeks with them, so I still get to see them. It's the best of both worlds. Good luck with your new adventure of being a mom!

    ReplyDelete