Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why is it so fun to scare people?

So I have been teaching the nervous system the last week and today we were talking about stimulants and reactions and reflexes. It was a fun conversation, and any one who has seen me teach knows that I get of the subject quite easily and I love to tell stories. My students rather enjoy that about me! So, we were talking about loud, unexpected noises and how we react to this, and eventually we started talking about scaring people and getting scared. My first thought was my sister Biz (Liz, Elizabeth, Bizzy, she goes by many names). Some of my funniest memories are from scaring Biz. She is the best person to scare EVER. You may have just scared her 2 seconds ago and she sees you standing around the next corner and as long as you jump out and yell, you will get her every time. Possibly one of the best scares was when we were in high school and my brother Brad just got off his mission. Brad convinced Biz that her cabbage patch doll was possessed! Then one morning shortly after this Brad hung the cabbage patch doll and had it suspended above her bed when she woke up. I still do not think she can look at cabbage patch dolls the same way! :)

Phil is another fun one to scare. Maybe it is because he is so big, and it is funny when big people yell and jump...I just don't know. My favorite is to sneak into the bathroom while he is showering...that always gets him good. I have to be careful with that one though because he usually tries to get me as wet as possible when I do that!

Anyway, I am not sure why it is so fun to scare people, but it makes me laugh everytime it happens! Even when people scare me, I laugh!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE scaring people too. i'm so excited for your baby! just a few more weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete